Who we are looking for
We are seeking a motivated Transfer Agent to join our expanding Dealing Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated professional to develop their financial career within a leading organization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Dealing Services you will
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyze and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- Display ability to assist, to develop and to propose the related creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognize the importance of accuracy and high standards of quality during monitoring and execution dealing tasks
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Ensure team members adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and are fully comfortable with them to ensure timely and accurate completion of all the assigned and delegated tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided to each client is in line with the expectation set in the Operating Memorandum.
- Participate actively in new fund launch, conversion, system changes – e.g. review documentation, co-ordinate risk and legal issues resolution, act and monitor on associated set-up/testing requirements for the dealing team.
- Respond to enquiries from different counterparties (e.g. internal departments, client enquiries …). Ensures that all enquiries are followed and resolved accurately in a timely manner.
- Provide constantly cross training and ensure knowledge sharing within the team to enable a full functional coverage within dealing department at all time. Always validate team knowledge on training provided.
- Provide support and oversight on outsourced services.
- Ensure that all provided system accesses are fully functional at all time.
- Know how to navigate and work through all the different applications used / available for work within Dealing.
- Assist in coordinating coverage for holidays and vacation of the staff members.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quality and control, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and directions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work without constant supervision
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency in English and any other European Language is preferred.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process.
- Team oriented.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Experience working with and managing large data sets.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers