Financial analyst Officer (M/F)
Advanzia Bank is a European digital bank specialising in credit cards and card payment solutions for consumers, business partners and financial institutions. Advanzia was founded in 2005 in Luxembourg. With over 1.7 million active credit card customers, we are a leading online credit card issuer in Germany and have a strong presence in Luxembourg, Austria, France and Spain. As a result of our continuous growth, we offer many job opportunities for dynamic, skilled and open-minded team players!
ABOUT THE JOB l What will you do?
The Financial Analyst will join the Analytics & Controlling team in the Finance department, which is responsible for management reporting, financial analytics and the controlling function of the bank. The team issues regular management reports and is in charge of budgeting, forecasting, cost controlling, preparation and review of business cases and analytical investigations, and works with extensive databases. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conducting financial analyses to support optimisation initiatives and data driven decisions, e.g. peer, profitability, segmentation, behavioural, NPV and break-even analysis
- Evaluation of business opportunities or business impacts of changes
- Preparation of management reporting including financial, operational and regulatory metrics
- Working closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Preparation of budget to actual variance analysis
- Financial planning and forecasting of the bank’s performance
- Working with a variety of extensive data sources and partnering with other departments to maintain the data warehouse
ABOUT YOU l What’s your background?
- University degree in Finance, Business, Econometrics, Mathematics, or any similar discipline with an analytical focus in the financial industry
- 3+ years of professional experience in a banking, finance or insurance environment, with a focus on management reporting, analytics and/or controlling
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Advanced experience in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- First exposure to data mining and reporting tools (such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Excel, Tableau, Cognos, etc.) and motivated to gain proficiency in big data analytics
- Basic experience with accounting tool is advantageous (T24, Navision)
WHAT WE EXPECT l What are your skills?
- Affinity to solve complex financial and analytical problems
- Accurate working style with attention to detail
- A proactive and reliable team player
- Ability to self-train/obtain skills independently
- Good self-organisation and proactivity
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory; French, German or other languages are an asset
WHAT WE OFFER l What advantages will you have?
- Attractive benefits as part of the banking collective agreement
- Wide range of additional benefits, e.g. Sympass, luncheon vouchers, transportation allowance, etc.
- On-the-job training
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Participation in various CSR initiatives
Located in bright and modern offices in Munsbach at 15 minutes from Luxembourg City, Advanzia currently employs around 200 staff from all over the world. We offer a pleasant and collaborative working atmosphere in a truly multicultural environment, and we are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our team.
Looking for a new professional challenge in a fast-growing company?
Apply today and send your CV and motivational letter in English!